Central Library: 5 Years of Success!
Central Library recently celebrated 5 fantastic years since re-launching in 2014 following its major £48m transformation. As the ‘jewel in the crown’ of Manchester Libraries, and one of the most loved and iconic venues in the city, our services and facilities are appreciated by over 2 million people annually, making it the busiest library in the UK!
- 3 million visitors to Central Library – we are the most visited public library in the country
- 14 million items borrowed
- 1 million free Wi-Fi sessions
- 39,000 people have attended educational sessions
- 250,000 people have attended special events and activities
There’s always lots going on and so much to do in Central Library, whether it’s reading, browsing, seeing a new exhibition, taking in an author event or concert, getting advice about your new business idea, exploring Manchester archives, enjoying activities with the family, or simply taking time out in one of our fab café’s.
Check out our new celebratory booklet and find out much more about what happens in Central Library and how you can provide support. Visit Manchester Central Library Development Trust, to find out more about the charity that supports activities in Manchester Libraries.