Polish Heritage Day – Kresy Forever
Kresy Family Polish WWII History Group presents an exhibition by Krzysztof Hoffmann from Warsaw comprising a unique collection of over 400 personal photographs and documents from the families who came from the Eastern borderlands of Poland (Kresy) and settled in Manchester and the UK after WWII.
The exhibition provides an insight into Poland’s history, how Poles came to Manchester after fighting alongside their British allies during WWII, how they integrated into the British way of life and their contributions not only during the war but to British society. Join us and celebrate our shared history and culture with:
- A selection of books and DVDs about life in pre-war Kresy, the mass deportations to Siberia in 1940/41, personal memoirs and Poland’s WWII history will be available.
- WWII veterans and survivors will tell their personal stories.
- Find out how to research your Polish family history.
- Polish dancers in traditional costumes will perform.
- Polish cakes and food will be available to sample.
- Polish craft activity for families to enjoy.
Free – please drop in