Manchester Libraries – Lockdown Update
Closures, change in service and restrictions
We have temporarily closed the following libraries:
- Arcadia Library (Levenshulme)
- Barlow Moor Community Library
- Burnage Library
- Central library (City Library on the lower ground floor is open)
- Fallowfield Community Library
- Hulme High Street Library
- Miles Platting Community Library
- Moss Side Powerhouse Library
- New Moston Community Library
- Northernden Community Library
All of our other libraries are open but will only offer very limited service:
- Internet access for essential use only
- Book return service
- Books that have been reserved or requested in advance can by picked up.
Library users can reserve books to be picked up when their chosen library is open, using the online libraries catalogue or you can ring one of the open libraries and tell them the type of books you enjoy and they will select some for you to pick up.
Books To Go
The Books To Go service for housebound people will continue to operate to existing customers.
The freephone to contact Citizens Advice Manchester will also continue to be available to use at Chorlton Library, Didsbury Library, Gorton Library, Longsight Library, Newton Heath Library Wythenshawe Forum Library, as will the Citizens Advice video contact at Longsight Library.
Children aged 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent, carer or older sibling.
More info: https://www.manchester.gov.uk/libraries
Visit the Manclibraries blog for interesting pieces about our special collections, virtual reading groups, and more.
To make a donation to support the future of our cultural programme, Library Live, please visit Manchester Central Library Development Trust